Why keep drinking the same Aviation over and over? Mix it up a bit and create a Violette Pavan Aviation!
The premise is simple – replace one of the Aviation ingredients with a different liquor. Like we did with the Elderflower Aviation and the Pavan Aviation.
This twist on an old classic nixes the maraschino, and in its place is Pavan – the loveliest of floral liqueurs. The violet liqueur also stays, hence, the purple color.
The Violette Pavan Aviation
- 1.5 Oz. Gin
- .75 Oz. Lemon juice
- .5 Oz. Creme de Violette
- .5 Oz. Pavan
- Lemon twist For garnish
- Luxardo cherry For garnish, too, if you like.
- Toss some ice into your coupe glass to make it extra chilled.
- In a shaker, combine your gin, lemon juice, Pavan, and violet liqueurs with ice.
- Shake, for about half a minute.
- Strain into your now-empty coupe class.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry to replace the missing maraschino liqueur, or play up the citrus with a lemon twist.
Fair warning about the color of this drink.
I’m not a huge fan of Creme de Violette, so I only suggest half an ounce for this recipe. Turns out, this makes your drink rather GRAY.
If you love Creme de Violette, add more to increase the flavor AND give your drink some purple color.
You could also add a drop or two of food coloring, or just pretend it’s Halloween and you are drinking a ghostly creation. A delicious, ghostly creation.
You can also mix up the garnishes for this Violette Pavan Aviation – I love a lemon twist, but if you miss the flavor of maraschino, you can add a Luxardo cherry. You can even make your own Luxardo cherries – it’s easy and fast.