Yes, the Pavan Peacock is a gin cocktail, but it’s much more about the Pavan than anything else. Pavan is a delicious French liqueur, made from Moscato grapes with some added orange blossom. It’s sweet, but not nearly as sweet as Moscato wine.
And Pavan is just amazing with gin. You may find that you like it so much, you substitute it for Elderflower. You could even replace the maraschino of an Aviation cocktail with Pavan and see what you get.
And the Peacock is a clever and obvious reference to the beautiful color of the Pavan bottle.
The Pavan Peacock
- 1.5 Oz. Pavan Liqueur
- 1 Oz. Gin The Pavan takes center stage, so maybe don't use your most expensive gin here.
- .5 Oz. Lemon juice Squeeze your own!
- Mint For a lovely botanical garnish.
- Let your coupe glass chill a while.
- Pour all of your ingredients into your shaker with ice, and get to shaking.
- Throw your hips into it, if you like.
- Strain as you fill your coupe glass with Pavan goodness.
- Garnish with mint.
Change up your Pavan Peacock
The mint garnish is a nice touch, but there’s no true mint flavor in this delicious Pavan drink. You could play up other flavors with your garnish. Try some orange peel to play up the blossom flavors.
If you are super into eye candy with your cocktails, throw in some edible flowers. Or enhance the lemon with some sort of lemon garnish – a peel or twist is best, there’s plenty of tart lemon in this drink.
Is this drink super pretty? Nope. But who cares. It’s delicious.